Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Last Wednesday in July

Butchart Gardens, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I stayed at home and puttered around the house today and read and stitched.  I did spend some time in the sewing room…trying to get motivated to do some garment sewing.  I did hunt through buttons that might work on the top that I want to make.  I really do want to sew…at least in my mind…but just can't quite get my sewing mojo back.  I figured if I sat in the sewing room and stared at the beautiful piece of fabric that I will get inspired to get back to sewing.  While in there, I put away some fabric that I had out for a project and decided to wait on that project for another time.  So put it back in my sewing closet to wait till I pick it up again.  At least it is out of the way, but still easy to get to…and in sight.  You probably know what happens when something is out of sight…out of mind, too!  I even ironed a pair of my crop pants…they are cotton and never come out of the dryer without needing at a little pressing.  So a little was accomplished while I was seeking inspiration in my sewing room today.  

My main push for the moment is to finish stitching another Christmas ornament.  The one that I am working on is a little more time consuming than some and has taken more time than I thought it would.  I am finally seeing a finish in the near future…at least I hope that I am at that place with it. The cross stitching is almost done…then there is a LOT of back stitching to do…but back stitching goes much faster than the cross stitching…I hope so, anyway!

I have settled into my chair for the evening.  I did do some reading before I picked up my stitching again.  About an hour ago I got back to cross stitching. Onward with the stitching.  I "might" be able to finish the Xs tonight and be ready to backstitch tomorrow.  But I usually underestimate the length of time left in a piece…the stitching always takes longer than I think it will.  This is not an instant gratification hobby!  

To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment