Thursday, July 25, 2024

Things are a Little Clearer

I can see out of the original eye that was operated on almost as well as I could before the tweek...but the new one is still "to be determined!" There is very little pain today...just a bit uncomfortable...and bothersome. Having my eye not feeling the greatest sort of makes me feel not the greatest. I just sort of want to sit with both eyes closed. Not a lot has been accomplished around here today...lots of sitting. The accomplishments of the afternoon were...we both took a nap and Cheryl's phone fell out of her back pocket into the toilet...oh, no!!! But it seems to be none the worse for wear. The surgery center called to check on me. I don't think they expect to be told that things are just going "so-so!" I go back to see the surgeon in the morning. We'll see what he says and does in the morning. I know that he will take out the contact then. I thought that it was floating away this afternoon, but think that it finally settled back into place. I can't see well enough to know if the contact is where it is supposed to be or not! Plus my left eye is still rather swollen...so hard to tell much. I am faithfully putting in the antibiotic and steroid drops in both eyes. I will stop the drops on the right eye (original eye done) after tomorrow as long as all is going well. I did have a new "thing" done in my left eye. He implanted near the tear duct in that eye something containing steroids that continuously put steroids into the eye for a couple of months. I will get to stop the steroid drops sooner this time due to that implant...unless what has happened to my eye makes me continue longer. Time will tell. I'm glad that eyes heal quickly...at this point...bot quickly enoiygh!!! I am so thankful that this happened at this surgery rather than the first one...fist due to me wanting to go back to have second one done and secondly at the point we were with Woody's declining health! I was back at the hospital the day after my first surgery staying with Woody...the way things are going this time would have made that very difficult! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Tonight's photo was taken just a few minutes ago while we sat on the front porch...little hummingbird coming in for last feedings before sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment