Saturday, September 14, 2024

Saturday Doings

I got busy first thing today. First I got started on making a wall hanging out of a piece of cross stitch that my grandmother stitched many years ago...has to be pretty old, as she died when I was two...so older than 74 years at least. I got the first strip of cloth cut and pressed in half and then pinned on around the piece...ready to be basted on. I brought it downstairs and got it basted on a little while ago. Next I will decide how wide to cut the border strip and get it cut. That strip will be machine sewn onto it. After I got the strip cut and pressed and pinned on, I abandoned that project and started taking my fall decorations downstairs. And, the way tonight's photo shows the living room couch is the way the living room couch still looks. I need to do some dusting and maybe some furniture polishing before I start putting them various places throughout the downstairs. I have also begun packing up medical supplies that I don't need at this time in my life. There is a yard sale coming up in Shelbyville that is supporting the children's ministry at Edgemont Chruch, where Nathan is children's minister. I had told myself that when Nathan and Kathy had their next yard sale that I would put all these unused supplies into their sale. Well, they are not having a sale of their own, but I was glad to hear that there will be one so I can move these items out of the house...there are boxes of unopened wound care supplies...that hopefully will come in handy for some one. We had just gotten a new order of supplies just before Woody went into the hospital...so I have an an abundance left over! By the time that I had done all that I havae mentioned, I was ready for a rest! I did do a little napping...but mainly just settled into my recliner and got comfortable. I kept waiting for the rain to come. I think that the question of "where's the beef" needs to be reworded for us to "where's the rain!?!" I keep being told that it will rain at a certain time and for how long and how much we will get...and the most that we have gotten so far today is, again, a sprinkle that didn't even totally make the ramp wet. I finally decided that I had better go next door and water the neighbors' tomatoes again. They had asked me to water them once and then they expected that the predicted rain would do for watering for the rest of the week. Well...I decided that I had better go water them. I figured that watering them would bring on the rain...but no rain so far. Very disappointing! I thought that we would be socked in with rain this whole weekend...planned for that...just stayed in, but not due to an abundance of rain! I did work some more with my camera...figuring out settings and finding out where things are on the camera and setting the camera up to my liking. I didn't take a lot of pictures...I took several photos of the fall decorations on the couch of which you see on the blog tonight. I read some more in a book about landscape photography...suggestions that they make for camera settings. When I decided that I wanted to see how to do something with my new camera, I challenged myself to find out how to do it without looking in the instruction book. This camera is the same brand, but set up a bit different as they made improvements and updates to this camera...so things have been added and some things have been taken away...and somethings have been placed in a different place...got to get my brain wrapped around how to do them in this camera...plus remember with the older cameras so I can use those still. At the moment, though, I am sticking to JUST taking pictures with the new one so I can get very used to it. I am happy with my new toy! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment