Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Underway

I've been pretty busy most of the day today. Nathan, Elijah, Isaac, and Joseph stopped by this morning to pick up the things that I had packed up for the yardsale that is happening in Shelbyville this week...a yard sale for the children's ministry where Nathan is children's minister. I got rid of a good portion of the leftover medical supplies that we hadn't used for Woody. There were lots of unopen boxes and packages of bandages, gauze, tape, etc., etc. So all of that is cleared out of the family room area. After they left, I attacked some other things that I was ready to throw away. Some of the items I took pictures of as a rembrance and then got rid of them...missed today's trash pickup...but there is always next week's! A few of the things I hesitated over, but in the end I decided that the photos were memory enough. After lunch, I decided that it was time to begin putting the Fall decorations into place. I started in the kitchen and cleaned off sections of the countertops...giving them a good cleaning before putting out the decorations. I got the rolling island and two sections of the kitchen countertops...one big section on the sink side and one small section on the stove side...so it is a start. Makes me feel good to see something new when I walk into the kitchen so I guess I was ready to do this change for Fall. As I was cleaning off the counters of everyday decorative items, I realized that I wouldn't be seeing those items (once they are put away) until after I put away Christmas! It doesn't seem like we should be this far into the year! I went to church about an hour before my Bible study so I could do some work in the library. I checked in books and shelved most of them...there wasn't quite time enough to do them all. While I was in there, I also checked out books to patrons...always glad to see the library being utilized. I am now home...couldn't believe that it was almost dark when I got home a little before 7pm. The days are definitely getting shorter. I came in and closed curtains and then started my supper...will go eat it now! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment