Friday, August 21, 2026

Friday

I woke up early…did some stitching and reading.  I did finish another book for the Cottey Bookclub.  After breakfast, I got busy on the Sunday School lesson.  I got it somewhat finished and got it printed.  Now I need to read through it to see if it makes sense.  I have looked through it for any glaring errors…but still need to read through it.

I decided that I had plenty of food in the house and chose not to go to the grocery store today.  I thought through what I have on hand and made a plan for lunch if Melany joins me tomorrow.  I’m not sure if I'm going to cook tonight or get up and do it in the morning…not a major cook…just simple. I did clean the refrigerator this morning,,,one of my cleaning accomplishments for the day. I managed to fit in a nap, too and a few phone calls.  Pretty much a lazy summer day…too hot to do much. I didn’t even walk out to the mailbox today,

I did stitch on a sampler last night and did a little more on it this morning.  Then this afternoon, I began another Christmas ornament. I plan to stitch on it a little more this evening.  I mainly found ways to stay cool inside…still pretty hot out there. We did get a little rain last night…but hardly enough to count.  There is a very small amount in the rain gauge…around 2 tenths of an inch.  At least we got a little.  Rain drops have been pretty far and few between!  Seems like it is either feast or famine when it comes to rain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment