
I got home from prayer meeting a little before 7pm…and the temps had started coming down…of course, they would come down at that hour anyway…so not sure yet if it is cooler or not. But when I went to prayer meeting around 5:30pm it was still in the mid 90s. I saw it get as high as 97° on my car thermometer when I was out getting my hair cut and then running an errand….a silly errand, I will tell you about in a moment. When I left church, it was 90° and by the time I got home it was in the upper 80s and now it is 84°…maybe temps are coming down. Tomorrow the high is "only" supposed to be 88°. My Alexa upstairs isn't the new and improved so she can’t tell me heat index…so I don't know the feels-like temperature. Anyway, we supposedly have had a "cold" front come through or one is supposed to come through. We will see if tomorrow feels a little better outside than it did today. It was a HOT day.
My one errand of the day sort of had me rolling my eyes. I decided last night to order some mouthwash that I use that sometimes Walmart has and sometimes doesn't…so decided to try Amazon…exact same price as Walmart…so why not. It was to be delivered today before I had planned to be out and about…so that would save me a stop at Walmart. Well, around 10am I got notified by Alexa that my package had been delivered…so I headed to the front door to go get it. The mailman had brought it to the front porch and left it in one of the rocking chairs. So far perfect until, I glanced a second time after I opened the door…the box was ripped open and I could see the bottle sitting inside the open box…so I thought, "at least the bottle didn't fall out! Then I picked up the box and found that it was soaking wet…reason that it was opened the way it was. And, the box was very light…a full bottle of mouthwash should NOT be light! I then pulled the bottle out of the box and it was light as a feather and not a drop left in it.
I went inside and got my iPad so I could report my delivery failure to Amazon. I decided that I didn't want to risk the same thing happening again so decided that I would just ask for a refund. The only way I could get a refund was to return the defective product. So after my haircut, I went to the UPS store and returned an empty bottle. In the past I have been told to keep products that were fine just not what I had ordered…but this time the box and empty bottle had to be returned. I did as I was told and my refund has already been given to me…so all's well that ends well…I guess! Just seems like an unnecessary trip! But Amazon got what they asked for! And, I had an outing that I hadn't planned on and still don't have my mouthwash as I just couldn't face Walmart at that hour of the day!
Nathan and Kathy are on the last leg of their journey…sort of…they have gotten to Anchorage…and, fly out midnight Anchorage time (3am TN time). They are seeing a few sights in Anchorage before heading to the airport 3 hours before their flight. The Anchorage flight takes them to LasVegas. Then a flight from Vegas will get them back to Nashville and they will hopefully show up in Tullahoma sometime after lunch tomorrow. Makes me tired to think about all that traveling. Their ship docked in Whittier, Alaska early this morning. Then they had to shuttle to Anchorage about 60 miles away. Their shuttle had to travel through a one-way tunnel that is about 2.5 miles long. This one way tunnel is also a train tunnel…they had to wait on a train and maybe other cars before they could have their turn. I had heard about this tunnel and know that they line you up according types of vehicles, I think and the lines take turns going through…and of course you have to wait for cars, trains, etc. coming the other direction. It took a while before they got their turn. But in the wait they got to see a glacier and at some point on this shuttle trip, they saw beluga whales. So sounds like an interesting trip!
I get to be a parent substitute for Elijah tomorrow. He has a dentist appointment and has to have an adult accompany him…guess I qualify?!?
To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious.
No comments:
Post a Comment