
Imagine being more than 2000 miles away from home and hear your name called out from a truck that is passing by! Nathan and Kathy were walking down the Main Street in Skagway, Alaska this morning and Nathan was recognized and someone called out, "Hey, Nathan!" I mentioned that Melany, Wade and I had tried to see one of the shipowners in Skagway…a young man from Tullahoma…someone who Melany and Nathan had both babysat for years ago. He hadn't gotten into his shop when we were there. But this morning, Nathan and Kathy's timing was perfect…he was driving by on his way to work. He told them he would park around back and open the shop for them. I’m sure they had a good visit! Barrett is the proprietor of Bearhead Studio in Skagway. He is a renowned nature photographer…been published in National Geographic…I believe that he has also done one of their covers.
Here's a photo Melany took inside his studio so you can sort of see some of his wonderful photos. I would have loved to pick his brain about photo techniques! If I were younger, I would love to go on some of his group photography trips off into the Alaskan and Canadian wild…but for that I will admit to being too old and decrepit! But I can still wish and enjoy his photos!

Today has been another hot day here in TN. It was 91 when I went to and from the grocery store with a heat index close to 100. The heat zapped my energy for some time after I got home. I’m glad that I didn’t have to stay outside for very long and that it only took two trips to get my groceries into the house. A good day to stay in and stitch and read. I have done a little of both of those and a little picking up around the house and emptying the dishwasher! I’ve done more sitting than anything else! I did manage to fit a nap into all that sitting! It has definitely been a lazy day of summer!
To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!
No comments:
Post a Comment