Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Whew!!

I'm going for ice and snow in Alaska for tonight's photo to make me think cool, at least…and remember how chilly and at times cold it was back in the first week of June…in Alaska.  We are under a hear advisory until Friday evening.  I waited till this evening to go out to take my garbage can to the road…but it was still in the low 90s feeling like upper 90s.  All I can say is, "Too hot!" 

This heat makes for lazy days.  I read more in the book I am reading.  I did get the Christmas ornament finished that I made my goal to have finished by the time I blogged tonight.  I stitched for quite a while off and on today and didn’t actually put the last stitch in until around 6pm.  

I did manage to get my last load of wash done today and it is "mostly" put away.  It will take at least one more trip upstairs to get it all put away.  But at the moment my trip outside has zapped my energy from another trip upstairs for at least a little while. I did work a little on getting organized to do some sewing.  But the only sewing I did was to serge the edges of some cross stitch fabric so I can use it for an ornament. My count for ornaments is 13 finished stitching…I think that puts me over the half-way point.  One of the things that I need to do soon is make a list of people I am giving ornaments to and put next to the name which ornament…and see where that gets me.  I feel like I should have more than 13 made for all the time that I have been stitching them this year.  It just shows me how long it takes even for what I thought were more simple than I have stitched in the past. Onward and upward! 😁

I don't have any more ornaments started so that means a decision has to be made as to what to stitch next.  Maybe I will set stitching aside for a while this evening and either stitch on something else that is started or read or…

To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment