Saturday, July 30, 2022

A More Normal Day!

It was nice to have a more normal day. We both slept better last night. It was nice not to have someone coming to our door at 7am! Woody did quite a bit of napping throughout the day. He seemed more awake as the day went on. He has eaten better today...eggs for breakfast...meatloaf sandwich and a small helping of green beans and half of a peach for lunch. Then he had a peach shake for supper. That's the first time that he has had a shake in a while. I only used half of one of his high protein drinks so it wasn't too much for him to finish. I had frozen some slices of fresh peach to use in the shake. He was watching TV and playing solitaire when I came upstairs. I have spent a lot of time in the kitchen today...have dirtied up a lot of pots and pans. I have done everything from cooking fresh veggies to sautéing mushrooms to freeze for Woody's eggs to making chicken broth (I was out and was able to clear something out of the freezer...a chicken carcas...the last time I stewed a chicken, I didn't need broth so froze the carcus for the next time I needed some...and today was that day! My dishwasher is running and it will probably be filled up again once it is finished and I have emptied it. I still need to put together the ground pork and herbs, etc. to make Woody's breakfast sausage. I will just mix the meat mixture up tonight and let flavors blend overnight (in other words:I don't feel like making and cooking the patties tonight!). And, I need to put the cooked mushrooms into snack baggies and put them in the freezer...that way all I have to do is pop them in the frying pan and warm them up in the olive oil I cook his eggs in. So lots of cooking today, but will help me un the long run when I can pull some of these things out that are ready to use! It was good to do just what I felt like doing today and barely think about dialysis! I will get back to dialysis duties tomorrow when I make the batch of dialysate and make up packets of supplies for each day of next week. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment