Tuesday, June 16, 2026

An Open Door Policy?!?

I’m going to skip Alaska for tonight and update you on what went on today.  I got my front door replaced!  At least the work has started, and, as you will see below, the new one is in place.  It took most of the afternoon.  Then this evening Nathan and I went to our new Ace Hardware store and got a doorknob and a deadbolt lock for it.  He just got those installed so I will be secure for tonight…more than I ever have been before, as I have not had a deadbolt lock on the front door.  Jacob and his dad worked hard and got it in place this aftrtnoon.  Now, I need to get the paint and Jacob will come back and paint it inside and out.  I’m glad to have that job done.  I have been wanting a new door for some time.  It will take some getting used to the glass in the door.  It surprised me when I come around the corner upstairs and start down the stairs and am able to see out!  

Not a lot else has happened today. I continue to work on my Alaska photos.  There are a lot of them.  I don't think that I have seen all of them yet.  I am pleased with what I got…brings back lots of memories of the trip as I go through them.  It was such a memory filled trip…one that I will look back on for the rest of my life!  I still can't believe that I actually went on a cruise to Alaska…never in my wildest dreams did I think I would go on a cruise…now have been on two…just this year!  And, never thought that I would get to the Last Frontier, Alaska!  But I pinched myself and I really did!

Today is the two year anniversary of Woody's death…in some ways it seems like much longer ago and in others it doesn't seem possible that it has been two years.

Woody's two year anniversary means that Abigail and Payton celebrated their 2nd anniversary yesterday. 

Happy anniversary to them!

And, now here is the installed front door. I am pleased with it. 


To be continued…more Alaska tomorrow night! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment