
Happy October! This came up on my iPad when I asked for a Fall photo. It was taken in October (a bit later in the month) several years ago. I thought it was a good one to post to usher in October. I remembered to turn the pages on my two wall calendars…one in my kitchen and one in my sewing room. I often don't think to do that till a few days into a new month. I will say that yesterday when I opened the shades in my kitchen, I noticed that one of the maples down the street was turning orange…I’ve been wondering what the leaves will be like this Fall, as for a while we had a lot of rain, but for some time now we have had next to no rain. I haven't been sure if leaves were starting to turn pretty colors or just drying up and turning brown. But that orange tinge to the tree down the street definitely hints at some pretty colors to come.
Well, no show for my chimney cap workers. When they hadn't shown up in their two-hour time slot, Nathan gave them a call and asked what address he had given. He gave his old address…which is the address right next to mine. But we don't think that they came…number one, if they had gone to the house next door and said my name those neighbors would have pointed them my way. Then when they called Nathan back they said something about not being able to get over here today…but will come tomorrow between 9&11am. 🙄 So another two-hour time slot to wait. I have to stay close to the front of the house as one of my doorbells doesn't ring and my other one is off the door frame until the door gets painted. So I can't be in the family room or upstairs or really even in the kitchen, as I won’t hear someone at the door. So today I sat on the couch in the living room and read for most of those two hours…in the end stayed there for no reason…but I did finish another book…so since last weekend, I have finished three books…two audio and one e-book. My books-read list is getting longer! And instead of what I like to average = one book a week…at this point I am averaging two books a month. Not many months left in the year! Can you believe how far into the year we are?
Nathan did pay me a visit on his way home from the BCM today which meant that I got to see him and Isaac and Joseph as they had spent the morning at the BCM with him. Nathan was the squirrel remover once again as I didn't want to leave it in the chimney any longer. So no squirrel intruder…dead or alive…in the chimney for now. Now…if the chimney cap folk will just get here and place the cap to prevent future trips down the chimney for the squirrel population in my yard. I don't think that they will cap it…whenever they show up…they are just evaluating the situation and going to give me a price to have it done. So there is no telling how many more drop-ins I will have before the job gets done!
I did get a grocery list made so I can go to Kroger in the morning…of course now…I will be waiting for the chimney people so, I guess I will have to wait till after they leave. I could go when Kroger opens…7am and get done before 9…but feel uneasy leaving "in case" they should show up early. So will probably stick close to home and hope that they come at the earlier part of the two-hour window.
I haven't done any stitching since last night. I could have stitched while I waited this morning, but my magnifying lights are in the family room and my bedroom…and they are very HEAVY so not portable. So I chose to read. I will probably read again in the morning. I just hope they come tomorrow! I'll let you know tomorrow night!
To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!
No comments:
Post a Comment