Thursday, July 21, 2022

Day Off?

We started off the day with Woody being bothered by a plastic piece on his catheter access...it is rough and it had rubbed on his skin all night...so...he had messed with the dressing making it loose...(insert eye roll!). The place where the tubing enters his skin has to stay covered. I put some tape around the oart that was bothering him and then taped the dressing the best that I could. I called Fresenius when they were open and asked for sterile dressing and some of the swabs that I use to clean it. I arranged to go to the center to get them. I did this on my way to the Credit Union and Kroger. I did our grocery shopping and headed home. After I got the groceries in and the frozen and cold items put away, I washed my hands, put on gloves, we both masked up and I took care fo the dressing. When I got the supplies from the center, our PD nurse is who brought them out to me and I asked him what to do about that little piece of plastic at the top of the two tubes that hang down...not near the access area. I asked if I could wrap a small piece of gauze around that he said that would be okay. So far I am hoping that this has helped. Woody said that it felt like barbs were sticking in him. Anyway, that was my nursing duty of the day! By the time I got home it was time for lunch. Woody had a meatloaf sandwich...his protein choice of the moment...along with his eggs in the morning. I am still attempting to arrange and rearrange "things" to make Woody's space into a hemodialysis room. I can do just so much and then I am ready to rest! Well, I went upstairs to rest and was just about to fall asleep when the doorbell rang and then a pounding on the door. It was FedEx with what is pictured above. He wanted to out them in the garage because there were so many boxes and that some were big...he doesn't know what "many boxes" means to me...this is just a small amount compared to what is/was behind me when I was taking this picture! He did bring them in and out them in front of the bookcase to keep them separated from ALL the boxes that will be picked up next week. The FedEx driver said that it looked like a warehouse! I told him this is what it looks like when dialysis is done at home. He said that he thought that he was delivering to a clinic...well...sort of! I know that this order contains our saline bags, but don't have a clue as to what is in the rest of them...I think just the general supplies that we will need. I'm sure that it would be okay for me to peek inside...but to tell you the truth...I'm not all that excited to find out what is inside them! I did manage to take a nap after the "exciting" delivery. So now I have my second wind and am going to try to do a few things before time for bed. Woody had some blueberry dump cake a little while ago...and might eat part of a banana before bed. His Potsssium is very low so we are trying to increase it without him having to take another pill! I am going to get the kitchen cleaned up and maybe relocate a few more things before I go upstairs for the night. Woody is ensconced in his recliner in front of the TV watching the hearings. I think that "things" are all quiet on the western front here in this Dorrell household. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment