Thursday, July 7, 2022

The Newest Dorrell Teen!

Elijah is our newest teen...he turned 13 today! Happy birthday, Elijah! Goosey searched on the internet high and low looking for the perfect gift for him. He thinks he found it in this book about the mind of a superior hitter. Our last dialysis duty this morning ended right at noon...which meant that Woody could finally have breakfast! The exchanges went just fine last night...just adding in additional added quite a few more hours. The machine part of the dialysis ran from 6:45pm last night to 7am. Then there was a last dwell that was to last at lea#t 4 hours...so at 11am we started the process of draining that last fill manually...that takes about 45 minites and then I have to change the dressing on the PD catheter. I'm not getting him started as early tonight.,.solution is warming. Well, now I can say that he is connected...I stopped writing to get him going. It will be an hour later tomorrow before the treatment is finished...really late breakfast! Plus I got a call today from the home dialysis nurses asking to come tomorrow for a home visit...oh, boy! Unless things go quicker during the night tonight, he won't be finished draining when they get here...so that could delay lunch even longer! There's no telling what the nurses may want to do with furniture arrangement in order to get equipment in. Today i was told that they will order a dialysis chair for him...not sure about that. I told them that I had just gotten him a new chair for home dialysis. Woody says that his chair is like the ones at in center dialysis...except his has electric controls. We'll see, maybe we can convince them that we don't need their chair...one thing after another to make decisions about. It will be fun to see how they think that they can arrange the room differently...we are talking about a long skinny room that has five doors opening in or out of it! The couch is in the only place that it can be for Woody to see the TV...TV needs to stay where it is because of the antenna connections...only antenna connections in the house...only TV that is a TV in the house. (I do have a TV in sewing room but I only watch DVDs on it.) Anyway...I guess the "fun and games" have started for home dialysis training! Nathan and Kathy just stopped by to get some books that I checked out from the church library for their kids...I was thinking Isaac...but they said that he doesn't like scary and these books are mysteries and the covers look a bit scary. They were sure that others in their crew would enjoy them if Isaac chooses not to read them. Speaking of these library books, they are some of the ones that Donna and I finished processing this afternoon so that they are ready to check out. We decided that we had better work this afternoon as there is no telling what my schedule will be like once this training gets underway. Woody has had a fairly good day...as far as I can tell. He actually did quite a bit of reading and is about finished with a church library book...a legal thriller. We have books by two authors that rival John Grisham...Randy Singer and Robert Whitlow. Woody is finishing one of the latest Whitlow books...but there is a newer one on the new-book shelf in the library...because Donna and I finished processing it this afternoon. I still haven't finished making what I planned to make for my supper...macaroni and cheese...macaroni is cooked and cheese is grated...maybe...I can go make the white sauce and have a few bites...not really hungry at this point...too much going on to be hungry!!! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment