Monday, July 18, 2022

Monday…All Day!

Pretty much all went well with Woody's dialysis treatment today. I set up, got him connected, got the treatment running, kept track of things, and ended his treatment, got him off the machine and did what has to be done to the machine at the end. I had lots of help from the nurse and the instruction book. We also did more module learning...not sure how much more can be crammed into this old brain! We were both pretty tired when we got home. The iPad that I will have to record stats did talk with Woody's dialysis machine today so that was an improvement! The only main problem today had nothing to do with the nurses or me...there was a leak that I discovered when I sat down in the room...water all over the floor from the sink cabinet to the wall. Woody's chair was right in the middle of that big puddle. The nurses got it wiped up the best that they could, but it continued to leak all through the treatment...just kept having to put paper towels, etc. down to keep it contained. Hopefully maintenance will come get it fixed before tomorrow...but the treatment went on once floor was dry. What next! I'm hoping that tomorrow goes very smoothly as I will be anxious to get out of there as quickly as possible! Linda, Carolyn and I are going to the movie, Where the Crawdads Sing. We have all three read the book and look forward to seeing how close the movie is to the book. I just hope that I can stay awake and that treatment has us out in time to get Woody home, fed and settled before I head out to the latr matinee. All three of us are looking forward to our "movie date!" Woody's latest wish to eat is Blueberry Dump Cake. Yesterday a friend brought us some of her homegrown blueberries...so I granted his wish by making a blueberry dump cake while he was at prayer meeting. He just had a small bowl of it with some ice cream and said it tasted good. This was a trial as the dump cake that I usually make is made with a cake mix and Woody really isn't supposed to have cake mixes as there is hidden phosphorus in them and Woody's phosphorus has been high lately...it had come down some this last blood test. But it is still too high. He is supposed to take what is called a binder (pill) with each meal and snack. He has a bit of a problem remembering...we are both working on being better about remembering. He did take one with his dump cake serving...he can't remember if he did when he had his meatloaf sandwich...like I said we are trying to remember! The saying is "first bite...take a binder!" Too many things to remember! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! All most forgot to mention all the time that Nathan spent over here today. He ended up taking down the antenna and putting up a new one and Woody is back in business with the channels on our TV. Nathan did some clearing of overgrowth of weeds on the side of the ramp closest to the house. We are supposed to have our duct work under the house worked on...maybe the AC will be more efficient. I know that for a long time I kept wondering why the humidity downstairs wasn't better controlled...perhaps we have found out! Melany texted today and said that she checked and we are getting closer to getting the new garage door that she and Wade gave us for Christmas. "Things" are definitely taking longer these days! Nathan Facetimed me...or some such...this evening. He let Isaac and Joseph show me the watermelons in their watermelon patch and some other things that they are growing. I got to say "hi" to Peaches, one of the kitties we gave Esther several Christmases ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment