Thursday, July 28, 2022

First Day in Home

Well, that first day of doing hemodialysis at home has come and gone. And, we both survived! We had a few glitches due to getting equipment set up...like the iPad and the dialysis machine connecting to one another. Our nurse made a couple of calls to tech folk and got them resloved enough for us to proceed! Tomorrow I am to get things started to a certain point before thr nurse gets here...little by little the process is getting turned over to me. What I'm doing tomorrow doesn't have anything to do with connecting Woody to his machine...just getting us up to that point. Tomorrow will mark the first time we have gotten five treatments in in a week. We're both ready for two days off! I would say that both of us were tired after today's treatment. I know that I took a good enough nap that I woke up at 6:40 and thought that it was tomorrow morning...and that I hadn't gotten Woody's breakfast and also had to start setting up the machine before the nurse got here at 7am...luckily it was still today! Now to remember to set the alarm for waking up at the right time in the "real" tomorrow! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment