Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Out With the Old…In With the New!

It has been quite a day! We headed out bright and early for our last day of training at the center. Not long after I got Woody's dialysis going, our Fresenius pick-up called to say that he would be at our house in 20 minutes. Perfect timing...I headed off and got home about 5 minutes before the truck pulled up in front of our house. The boxes were out of the house very quickly and once the pallet was out of the driveway, I was on my way back. I wasn't even gone an hour. Once again, Woody's treatment went well. When he was finished we got the machine ready to be brought to us. That was also a quick job...no more than 15 minutes. One of my jobs before tomorrow was to make a batch of dialysate...that was an adventure...first, I didn't have the bag that it is made in. So I had to call our nurse so she could tell our PD nurse what I needed and then I headed off to the center (we only thought that this morning was the last time for a while of us going to the center! I got what I needed and headed home to make the first batch on my own! That was interesting to say the least...Woody not happy with the instructions! In the end I guess I had to call the nurse twice about the process...first off was how to turn it on...as it had always been on when I had done it at the center and the on/off button was hidden...I finally found it with the nirse directing me over the phone and me getting down on my knees! Then there was one other place that the directions confused me by asking me to take something off...something that we take off earlier in the process and I didn't know what that was called! We finally got the batch making! It takes 6-7 hours...to fill the bag with 25 liters of cold water and then for it to heat up. It is in the middle of the process. I hope the machine doesn't disturb Woody's sleep...new noises can be disturbing. I have supplies organized for tomorrow's treatment. Now hopefully we will both get a good night's sleep so we will be ready to get going once the nurse arrives...several technical things we have to do like plug something into our router so the iPad that is the way we chart all the statistics about each treatment and it is sent directly to the nurses. That way they can keep their eyes on us even when they aren't here! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment