Monday, July 25, 2022

A Quarter of a Century…Surely Not!!

It is hard to believe that we have another grandchild who has made it to the quarter century mark! But Alex did just that today. Tonight's photo is from his preschool graduation. A lot of water under the bridge since I snapped that ohoto so many years ago! Today was another busy day at home hemodialysis training. We're getting closer to being at home...just two more days on in-center training. We started bright and early which meant that we got away a little earlier than we have been...but still out in about six hours at the center. We were both very ready to head home! Today we "learned" about different alarm numbers and colors and what they mean...thank goodness for a book that I can look back over as I doubt that I even remember one of the alarms! I did learn that a red alarm stops the machine so need to get it solved as quickly as possible so blood doesn't clot in the lines! I drew blood, again, to check his hemoglobin and his potassium...both are too low. I got a lot accomoplished over the weekend and Woody's living/dialysis area in the house is looking better and cleaner. I ooened all the boxes of supplies and inventoried them from the shipping list and put them all in the family room/Woody's room on the card table and rolling cart. I will wait to organize them better once the nusrse is here...she said she would help get them in places easiest for me to access. A lot of the supplies were ordered in duplicate...so duplicates will be stored on the shelves at the back of the closet...I think. Woody went to prayer meeting at church tonught and is now back home settling in before it is time to go to bed. We're both tired. Hopefully we will sleep well tonight. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment