Saturday, April 4, 2009

Busy Saturday

I went out for breakfast with my ladies' Sunday School class and when I got back I found out that Woody had accomplished a lot. First he had Nathan jump our car that was having battery problems. Then he took the car to have a new battery put in. Then he "thought" that there was a problem with the brakes so he took it to the brake place...come to find out the emergency brake was on...oops! It's hard to tell in that car as the emergency brake light on the dash board is on all the time these days. Then he went to the library for the first time in quite a while. And by the time I got home he was out in the yard working on getting the leaves out of one of our little gardens in the front. I think that it is hard for him to believe how hard it is for him to accomplish small tasks (like the little garden) that he used to get done so quickly and with so little effort...of course when it was easy he didn't have a broken arm and hadn't just undergone IL-2 treatments! He even came over for a little while when I was next door taking care of the grandchildren this afternoon. And now he is watching March Madness.

I think that he is making a great come back from his treatments. This seemed more like a "normal" Saturday for us. Unfortunately, I do have to add that he is still itchy!

No comments:

Post a Comment