Wednesday, May 1, 2024

What's Up Wednesday?

I forgot to welcome May yesterday (guess there is a good reason for that...today is May 1...oops)! Calendar pages are turned to May...still doesn't seem possible that four months of this year are over. We have stayed in today. The car never left the driveway and the only reason I went out was to get the mail and pull the garbage can to the back of the house. Woody is still nursing his knee...so he is taking it even more easy than usual. He is enjoying reading a book that I got for him at the public library...a new James Paterson. It is good to see him holding a book for a change. He has been reading more lately...a good thing...a good book can transport you far away from the present. I got going on my first hemming job this morning...hemming Joseph's baseball shirt. That took more than a minute as I needed to set up my serger to do a t-shirt hem aka a cover stitch. I hadn't done that in a while so it took me a bit to get it configured. Now that it is set up, I plan to hem a pair of Woody's sweat pants...just have to change the thread color. After spending some time in the sewing room, I headed to the kitchen to make the meat mixture for tacos. We had tacos for lunch. This afternoon, we both did a little napping. I finally came to enough to do some stitching. I am getting sooooooo close to finishing the gift stitch...hopefully a few hours this evening will see it complete...but it always takes longer than I think it will. Surely I will have it finished by tomorrow evening, if I don't get it finished tonight. After I blog, I will go down and change the dressing on Woody's leg and finish in the kitchen. I'm almost finished in there so that shouldn't take long. We have an early morning...but not as early as the dialysis mornings will become next week. Oh, my...thirty minutes earlier...can we do it!?! Ever since the time got changed, I have been having trouble getting up as early as I had been! I'm sure we will be able to do it, but leaving by 5:30am is going to be pushing it! The new schedule will begin next Tuesday...two more days of the routine that we are used to and then... To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment