
Today has been overcast and rained off and on…good day to stay in and read and stitch. I have done a lot of reclining and taking it easy. The one time that I ventured outside to get the mail, I was met by a steam bath…I do think that the "dog days" of summer have arrived. My front door and porch rail painter just texted me and said that the weather isn't very promising for a dry day for a while. So we are going on God's timing and eventually the job will get done when we have several dry days in a row predicted. I’m fine with waiting…the door is doing its job without paint for the time being. I have made pretty good headway in two books. I was trying to finish one before it got swept back into cyberspace in a couple of days…so was reading away on it. But I got the opportunity to renew it, which I did so now that book has the longest time remaining on it so I moved to another one and made good headway on it, too. I got to a point that the reading was putting me to sleep. So I set my books aside and picked up my stitching…after I got up and walked around the house for a bit! I fairly quickly finished the Christmas ornament that I have been working on for a while. Then I decided which ornament I would stitch next and pulled the colors of floss needed and got started stitching on a new ornament…onward and upward…still a lot to stitch before it is time to make them into ornaments and gift them. I haven't actually counted the number I need this year…but I don't think I’m even half-way yet. But I do think that the hardest ones are behind me. Most of those still to stitch aren't too complicated…unless I change my mind!! And, would I do that?!?
Tomorrow is a big day for our family. Joseph is being baptized and Esther is celebrating her birthday. We will be gathering at Nathan and Kathy's after church to celebrate as a family.
To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!
No comments:
Post a Comment