
The Butchart Gardens, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
I didn't realize how international I have been lately with my cooking. A few days ago I made Tamale Pie (Mexican). I have plans to make Marinara sauce (Italian) for what is called Inside-Out Ravioli (Italian). Today I roasted a pork loin roast (American) and made gravy that I have frozen for in-the-future enchiladas (Mexican). When I roast a pork roast, I often cut off about a pound of the boneless roast to cut into cubes to use for Sweet and Sour Pork (Chinese). I decided to go on and make the Sweet and Sour Pork since I had all the ingredients. I had that for supper and plan to freeze some of the leftovers for future meals. I had done enough cooking for one day…reason that the marinara sauce is in the plans for another day. I "just about" have the kitchen cleaned up.
I got pulled away from the kitchen when Joy stopped by to have me serge the seams on a skirt that she is making. She is trying to get the projects, that she started at the beginning of summer break, finished before her next college term begins in three weeks. Then not long after she left I had two more visitors…two folk needing to borrow some things I had offered to loan them for an upcoming Alaskan cruise. Earlier in the day Jo stopped by with some peaches and tomatoes…yum! She caught me in my PJs as I had been so busy in the kitchen today that I hadn't gone upstairs to change. I did start to go up one time and decided that since I had made it so long into the day that I would just stay comfy. I did get changed before the others came!
For breaks from my cooking today, I did some reading and boy did I get a surprise in one turn of events in the book that I mentioned last night…and this twist in the plot really tied a couple of the characters in with one of the other groups in the book. I also did some stitching early in the morning. I started a new Christmas ornament last night after I blogged. I think that I will be able to finish it this evening before I go to sleep…well, I won't promise that my eyes don't close for a bit before I actually finish it…but before I actually go to sleep for the night, I should have it finished.
To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!
No comments:
Post a Comment