
Butchart Gardens, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
How can it be September…already?!? Time is definitely flying. Fall is just around the corner, but one wouldn!t know by our temperatures…today's high was 97° and the heat index climbed above 100°. We have been issued a heat advisory from tomorrow morning through to Friday evening. Heat index could get up to 109°. I’m staying in unless I have to get out. Today I waited till the sun went down to take the garbage can down to the road. That's the only time that I stepped outside today. I got my mail while I was out there. Donna and I didn’t work in the library today.
I have puttered around the house today…doing little things…one task that I had told myself that I would was put away some clothes that I had stacked up on my sewing cutting table instead of getting them into the drawers where they belong. That task got accomplished. Since I am working up to getting back to sewing! I decided to go though some of my many sewing notions and put them in a better order. Some of these notions reside in mugs. I had noted the other day that these mugs had gathered quite a bit of dust inside of them. So today I emptied the mugs of their contents: pencils, pens, rulers, glue pens, tweezers, etc., etc., etc! Amazing all the little things that I have to help me with sewing tasks. I wrote with each pen to see if they worthy of saving. Some of the unworthy ones got taken to the road inside the garbage can. I put the mugs in the dishwasher to clean them up. I have some flat pattern weights that are shaped like sewing items—scissors, ironing board top, sewing machine, an iron. These are coated metal and they had for some time had a sticky feel to them. I wipe them off from time to time, but doing that never seemed to cut the film that was on them. Having put the mugs in the dishwasher, made me think that these could go in the dishwasher, too. From there I found several other items that could benefit with a good washing so added them into the top rack of the dishwasher. When the rack was full, I ran a cycle just doing the top rack. So I have some sparkling clean items to store my notions in, as well as some non sticky pattern weights. I will put things back into these tomorrow. It is good or me to go through these items and remind myself about all the helps I have when I get back to my sewing. I will admit that what I dealt with today is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg! I have many, many sewing helps stored in one place or another. Today's cleaning mainly dealt with things that I use when cutting out patterns.
That puttering dealt with sewing. I also spent some time puttering in the kitchen. I did make fried rice to eat with some of my leftover cashew chicken for my lunch today. The other fiddly/puttering task that I did in the kitchen that may sound as funny as me washing some of my sewing notions. I attempted to get rid of the crystallized sugar inside my honey container. I needed honey yesterday and discovered that it was crystallized. So I heated it up so I could get the small amount I needed for my recipe. I knew that if I didn't get rid of all the crystals of sugar that it would just all crystalize again. So I reheated it and rolled it around in its container…reheated it several times…and I have almost been successful, but guess I will reheat it again tomorrow to see if I can get all the crystals gone. None of the jobs that I have done today are things that had to be done and wouldn't show if any of you came into my house…but I know that they are done and I’m glad that I puttered around and did them.
My latest cross stitch ornament is well underway and I am pleased with my progress and how it looks. I plan to do more stitching on it this evening.
To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!
No comments:
Post a Comment