
August is leaving on a hot note and it looks like September will be entering on that same hot note…predicted to be hotter. I just got home from prayer meeting and the car's thermometer said that it was 91°. I think our hi today was 94° and tomorrow's hi May get to 97°. Oh, boy!
Nathan, Isaac, and Joseph stopped by on their way home from the Motlow BCM (Baptist Collegiate Ministry). Today was their first Monday lunch offered to the students and faculty, etc. for a minimal price. It is a way that the BCM raise money for mission trips. Nathan called on their way home asking if my lawn needed mowing. It has been so dry that the front yard hasn't grown much…pretty crunchy underfoot! But the back yard had gotten long and it was getting difficult for me to walk to the compost pile because I couldn’t see what was underfoot…like mole hills and walnut shells, acorns, and other hazards for walking! So he came and made a very dusty run with the lawnmower through my backyard. The boys came in and worked on their schoolwork.
Today was a day for me to get into the kitchen and do a little cooking. I decided that I wanted to try my hand at a new recipe—Cashew Chicken. I had had that at the Thai restaurant that Melany and Wade took me to a couple of weeks ago. It seemed like a recipe that I could replicate fairly easily and that I could make it a bit healthier than the one that I had a the restaurant…I adjusted the salt levels, but I think I will lower them some more the next time that I make it. But it was very good. Both Nathan and Joseph tried a little and gave their approval. Isaac doesn't like nuts in things so this wasn't something that he wanted to try. I enjoyed it with some Jasmine rice. I think that I am going to make fried rice with some of the leftover rice…I think that fried rice would taste good with he cashew chicken,
Yesterday I finished another Christmas ornament. Today I told myself that I could stitch whatever I felt like since I had finished another Christmas ornament, but in the end a new Christmas ornament was what I chose to start stitching. I'm going to continue stitching that ornament after I go out and wash the few cooking dishes that need to be hand washed. The rest of the dishes are getting clean in the dishwasher…so glad that after really messing up the kitchen that I don't have to wash them all by hand!
To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!
No comments:
Post a Comment