Monday, August 10, 2026

Monday…A Hot One!

Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska

Today has almost come and gone.  I just got home from prayer meeting a little while ago.  I have mainly worked on stitching a cross stitch ornament…I feel almost like a broken record…it seems like I say that all the time…but with the days and months flashing by in front of our eyes, I had better spend more time on them.  I have gotten quite a few stitched…but I am still a ways away from my goal of 24 or 25.  I am almost finished with the one that I have been working on today.  I am hoping to finish stitching it this evening.  BUT…I am pretty tired tonight.  I woke up too early and haven't taken a nap so my eyes may shut before I can get all the way finished with it.  I guess I will say that my goal is to have it finished before I blog tomorrow night!  

I have a serendipitous story to share!  I have had a pair of dress maker shears for some years that are helpful for old/arthritic hands.  The handle holes are attached together with a stiff vinyl band that assists my hand when cutting…I put pressure to make them close, but as soon as I let up on the pressure they open…thus my hand doesn't have to do the work of opening the scissors…and when cutting out patterns to make garments removing that one motion from the job of cutting makes a BIG difference to hurting hands.  Well, the vinyl band broke some time back and I had been using them as regular scissors since…my hand doing all the work of opening and closing the scissors while I cut out pattern pieces.  I had been trying to see if I could buy the piece that broke, but had found no where to do that.  Plus I had been told that the company had gone out of business.  So I didn't try super hard once I learned that.  Well, the other day when I was looking at something about sewing on my iPad, I got an advertisement showing several different pairs of this brand of scissors.  So I clicked and started searching through their pages of scissors.  And, I found my pair or what looked similar to my pair.  And, I decided that I would purchase them, as they weren’t very expensive and shipping was free.  Well, they came in the mail today…but much to my surprise they were not ones like my scissors or the ones that I thought I had ordered.  They are a different style…BUT…they do have the vinyl piece that attaches to the handles to make them ergonomic.  So now I have a new pair of another style scissors that open on their own when I let up on cutting pressure…AND…I can use the old scissors with the same vinyl piece…so now I have two different style scissors that will help me when I am sewing.  I did make myself a promise that if I bought those scissors that I WOULD get back to my sewing.  So more things to do to fill up my time!

To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment