Tuesday, October 6, 2026

A Bookish Day


Today centered around an invitation to The Friends of the Shelbyville Library Author Luncheon.  Linda H. invited Donna and I to go to this luncheon.  So Donna and I set aside First Baptist Church Library workday for a library event of another kind.  We got fed better than we get when we go to the church library!  We sat at a table with Linda's son and daughter-in-law and her sister.  We met at a designated spot and parked our car and Linda's son was our uber driver to the event.  The guest author, J.C. White, gave a very interesting talk about himself and his book, Dandelion Wine.  We enjoyed our lunch while listening to him talk.  A good time, I believe, was had by all.  Always nice to get together with friends!  

I will admit to giving in to a nap after my return home.  Once refreshed I got back to preparing for my next "event," the slumber party with Melany.  She and I have talked making final plans for our sewing/stitching time together tomorrow and Thursday.

Update on my chimney cap: I did get quote via text which I signed and accepted…so hopefully it is ordered and will be installed before too much longer!  

To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!


No comments:

Post a Comment