Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Fall Arrived Just Moments Ago!


Fall's official arrival was at 7:05 pm Central time.  So…welcome Fall.  I’m anxiously awaiting those cooler temperatures.  It still hit 90° here according to Alexa…but then it wasn't Fall yet…maybe tomorrow will be cooler!? I keep telling myself not to complain about the heat, as I will probably be more miserable when the temperatures drop…I’m not much on being cold, either!  I like the times of the year when I might need a sweater, but will probably not need it for part of the day.  We get a few of those days in the Fall and a few in the Spring.  But at the moment, I’m feeling like cold would be welcome!!!  I will say that when I went out late this afternoon to roll the garbage can to the road, that there was a breeze and a bit of cloud cover and that it actually felt very pleasant…my next trip outside this afternoon, it was sunny and no breeze and it felt hot! I am sure that it will be back and forth for a while…hopefully pleasant mornings and warmer afternoons.  October is just around the corner.  I’ve also noticed how that the days are growing much shorter.  

The news that has me excited today is that this morning I finished another ornament and started on my last Christmas  ornament gift for 2026.  This is the third time that I have stitched this ornament…so I have to a point memorized the pattern.  I still have to check about the positioning of certain items in the pattern, but having stitched it before it is an easier stitch.  And, I got underway with it this morning before I went to work in the church library.  Donna and I worked on several things at the library.  One of our patrons had asked for some books dealing with a certain subject so we did some searching in the card catalog (housed these days in the computer) and then pulled some books and did some searching in those.  We found two books for him to start out reading about the subject…and, know where more are if he needs more. Then we did some shelf searching for some children's books that are classics that have been read so much over the years that they need to be replaced.  We did regular maintenance in the library and managed to come upon no mysteries to solve…made for a good library work day! 

I came home and emptied wastebaskets and got the garbage can to the road for tomorrow's pickup.  I also got recycle out to the road.  I don’t do recycle every week, but I had quite a bit of paper and some boxes from an Amazon order to get rid of this week.  It is nice to have weekly curbside recycle service that Tullahoma provides.  It really helps me to keep from having stacks of papers, magazines, catalogs, etc. pile up around the house.  And, so nice to be able to get rid of ungainly boxes.  All I have to do is flatten the boxes out.  Each time I get the recycle material ready for the road, I think back to when we ere doing Woody's dialysis at home.  Then…I was very thankful for being able to get rid of boxes.  I went through many, many boxes weekly.  It usually took several trips out to the curb to get it all out each week.  When I picked up that light load of two boxes, I thought how easy it was to maneuver that few over the number I used to have trouble getting out the door with…today's light load was a breeze in comparison!  

Well, guess I will get back to my stitching…so close to having them all stitched for this year.  I think that my total count, if I counted correctly, for this year will be 22 ornaments, when I complete that one I am stitching currently. I think a few less than last year…but this year couples are getting an ornament to share!  

To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment