Monday, September 14, 2026

Monday Musings

How about this bunch of bananas?!? I took this photo at the butterfly garden in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Probably not a photo expected from our Alaska/Canada visit!

Fall pumpkins continued to roll to various places in the house today.  I got the kitchen pretty much finished today.  I then moved on to the dining room table.  I usually keep a tablecloth on the dining room table as it tends to be a place where things get put down…purse, key, sometimes mail that needs to be tended to, etc.  This time it also had things on it that are needed to finish the front door…it still hasn't been painted…I’m hoping soon, once temperatures cool down just a bit.  I put those all in a plastic tub put them aside…at the moment on the floor in the dining room…just to keep them close to the front door where they will be used.  Anyway, I totally cleared off the dining room table and removed the cloth and pad.  Then polished the table.  It's all shiny and nice…now to NOT put things on it for a while!  I am now trying to decide which of the special hand embroidered cloths/doilies/runner, that my grandmother made, I will use to put the decorations on…round or rectangular…have to iron whichever I choose…a decision that I will make in the morning.  The embroidery that is on these is cut work!  Lovely work.  I say that my grandmother made them, but there is a possibility that her sister made them as they both did wonderful handwork and, I imagine that they gifted each other their work so it could belong to either of them…either way I treasure each and every piece that I have of theirs.  I really don't remember my grandmother, as she died when I was two.  But my Aunt Mabel, I got to see several times in my life.  She lived in Massachusetts and we lived in Arizona.  We would visit with the Massachusetts relatives when we visited my mother's sister in MA…so I saw her there and visited in her home.  Then she and Uncle Bill visited in Arizona and so got to visit them in my home so I definitely have more memories of them than my grandmother.  Since I love doing needlework, I really love having pieces they made.  And, I have a drawer or two full of various linens that they embroidered over the years.  I love using them!

At this point I just have to distribute pumpkins on the dining room table and then put a cornucopia filled with Fall leaves and wooden apples on the family room mantle…then my decorating efforts will be finished.  Surely I will be able to finish up tomorrow! 🤞

I am home from prayer meeting and hope to relax in my recliner, stitching on the latest Christmas ornament and watching a cooking show or a needlework YouTube (what we stitchers call FlossTube).

To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious.

No comments:

Post a Comment