
Looks to me like the Great Pumpkin visited and turned my table into a pumpkin patch! I guess it is time to do some picking and choosing and placing of them throughout the house…a job for another day…at least they are all gathered in one place!
It has been a nicer day…heat and humidity were down some. When I got to church tonight for prayer meeting, I actually sat in my car with the windows down and didn’t burn up and there was a bit of a breeze blowing through the car windows. Now it isn't actually cool yet, but we "only" got into the upper 80s for a high today. But it does seem that the weather folk were right. They put us under a heat advisory last Wednesday at 11am…that was just supposed to last until Friday, but they ended up extending it a couple of times and their last extension took it through last night at 8pm. Glad that that advisory is behind us.
Today I had a hair appointment after lunch. Which made this a good day…as all hair cut days are! I have stitched a little and plan to stitch more this evening now that I am home from prayer meeting. I’ve looked through cookbooks trying to decide on which recipe that I want to use for Chicken Gumbo. Wade and Melany brought me some okra and part of the barbecue feast they provided on Saturday was some smoked pulled chicken…that should be good in gumbo. And, I have some shrimp in the freezer that should be good in it, too. BUT…it is still rather hot for gumbo! So I am gearing up to do some cooking. I also want to use the leftover pulled pork in a tamale pie…both of these items freeze well so I may sample them, but if they make me feel too warm, I may slip them in the freezer for upcoming cooler autumn days.
To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!
No comments:
Post a Comment