Saturday, September 19, 2026

Sizzling Saturday

Today lived up to the heat advisory prediction.  According to Alexa, it got to 99° with a heat index of 104°.  I just stayed inside…never even poked my head outside.  

We had an enjoyable Bookclub Zoom meeting…always good to get together with Cottey alum.  It's not a large group, but we share plenty of different opinions about what we read.  And, it is fun for me as several of my classmates participate.  Friendships shared through the years! 

I have had an Amazon hassle going on for months.  Back in April I bought two replacement blades for a vegetable chopper.  They only sent me one blade.  I told them about the error and they sent me the set of two…told me that they couldn’t send me just the one blade they neglected to send at first.  I was also told that I didn’t have to send anything back.  Ever since then I have gotten messages periodically saying that I had neglected to make the return.  I would then get on the Amazon site and explain that what they had sent was a replacement…nothing to return…they would apologize and say they had taken care of it.  BUT I kept getting requests for the return…I would go through the same thing and they would apologize and say it was taken care of.  Then about a month ago I got a notice that if I didn’t send the return they would charge me for it.  Again, I went back to Amazon to explain my plight and they said no problem…all taken care of.  But then came the day that the amount was taken out of my account…so back to communicating with Amazon…again, apologies…money will be back in 3-5 business days.  I waited ten business days and when it wasn’t deposited, I contacted them again…and…finally yesterday it showed back in my account!  It was not a large amount…but it was the principle of the situation…and, I was determined Amazon wouldn't win the fight!  

To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment