Thursday, March 28, 2024

End of March is in Sight

How can it be that the end of March is so close?!? In a blink and we will be finished with the first first quarter of the year. I really do feel like it was just yesterday that it was March 1...really February 1...or even January 1! I understand that when it seems that time speeds up when one gets old...no comment!!!! It has been a cool, but sunshiny day...very springlike. I have cleared away things on my sewing table and have put out three cross stitch things that need to be finished. I ironed the cross stitch pieces and also the fabrics that I have chosen to finish them with. Now to get the energy/motivation to go on and get them finished. I have stitched on my gift piece and also done a little reading. Put a few more Christmas items away that I found still out of place. Woody must have had a good dialysis session as he said that he was surprised when it was time for him to be taken off the machine. He had worked the four crossword puzzles from various newspapers that I run off each morning and then he started in working the book of Bible crosswords and I guess that kept him occupied and time went by more quickly than usual for him. I'm afraid to say this, but at the moment he continues to be doing so much better than a couple of weeks ago. He is stronger (relatively speaking...for him) which makes it so much easier for him to transfer using his walker to move from recliner to bathroom and back or from recliner to couch. It is also easier for him to transfer from chair to wheelchair to car, etc. It has made a lot of difference since they stopped pulling so much fluid off of him during his dialysis treatment. He continues to have a good appetite and seems to enjoy his meals. I have made a list of available food items (a menu of sorts) for him to choose from for his meals and he seems to like that and it is easier than for me to list (and forget some) things as suggestions for his meal. He brought home his lab reports from dialysis and everything looked good...anything that we can do anything about through what he eats were very good...so we will continue as we are. I did get a response to my medicine questions that I had asked...not that it helped much...they said go through primary care physician...which I don't understand since these meds are dialysis/kidney related. I think that I will just ask the pharmacist to send in a request for a refill from his PCP and see what that response is. We had just talked about this medication with her when we were there a couple of weeks ago. Tomorrow he goes to TN Oncology for his Keytruda infusion. He has to request for them to send in refill on a prescription to our pharmacy, too. Maybe we will get all this straightened out before he runs out! The one medication, I'm not sure that he needs anyway...that was just something that the hospitalit wanted him to try. Too many doctors! And, we will be adding another doctor into the fray in a couple of weeks (insert rolling eyes). So another day comes to an end...we are both ready for either a recliner or a couch/bed...I have stitching and reading that I want to do and Woody is watching more March Madness. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment