Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Just Hours Till Spring!

In about 2-1/2 hours (10:06 pm Central time) Spring will arrive. Sounds good...hope the temperatures will rise accordingly! It has been pretty chilly all day today. It was around 23°F when we left for dialysis this morning...the one good thing...the wind wasn't blowing! He got to and from dialysis safely...and had another good dialysis day. He also came home with an appointment card for a cardiologist here in town...about a month from now...one more appointment added to the calendar! We enjoyed last week and so far this week...no appointments other than his dialysis treatment and we don't consider those appointments...just part of our weekly routine. Woody filled out tax forms today...about ready to be mailed. I have to make copies and then get them into the envelope and adhere the stamp! Good job done! I have been trying to catch up on the wash...still have a load in the washer that I will put in the drier when I go back downstairs. I made corn bread this evening...pretty good...hadn't had any in a long time...has never been a high favorite since we never had it when I was growing up. But I guess a little bit of Southern has gotten into me as I do like it once in a while...especially when it first comes out of the oven with a crunchy top and bottom. I need to put together the dough for a pie crust befor I go to bed tonight as I plan to make a chicken pot pie tomorrow. I finished that book that I didn't care for last night...glad I read it for the club, but am glad that I am finished with it! I have already started my next book and this one is sooooo much more enjoyable! I also stitched some more...I finished the part that I wasn't enjoying stitching and now the rest should speed right along...well, not that stitching is speedy...but at least it is easier counting which does make it go faster since I am not having to pick out incorrectly placed stitches. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment