Friday, January 23, 2009

1st "surgery" update

It is now almost 2:30 and Woody's surgery hasn't gotten underway. We were told to be here by 9am--we were here by 8:30. When he was admitted they said that his surgery was scheduled for 1:30 rather than noon...so long wait in the Vandy main waiting room. Woody was so calm...I would not have been!

Woody was finally called back for preop stuff at 12:15. I went back to sit with him around 12:45. They took him to surgery around 2pm. I am supposed to be called when they actually get started with the surgery.

I have tried to send email to several--but so far I haven't gotten email to send--but can receive.

By the way the wrap was a hit--it did draw attention. I think that all who will be with him know about his lower left arm's fragile condition!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lois,
    We are praying that all is going well in surgery. Thinking of you during this anxious time. God is with you both! Awaiting the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. I know it couldn't have been easy for you after the day you both have had. We all appreciate you for your diligence. Still praying hard in both of your directions.

    ReplyDelete