Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Here's how February is stacking up

Here's what's on our calendar so far for February:

February 5 Dr. Zubkus, Woody's Murfreesboro oncologist, for his first Zometa infusion. Zometa (this is a high powered Fosamax type drug) is given when cancer has spread to the bone. This treatment helps to protect bones and may reduce or delay complications such as bone fracture. He will be having these infusions every 4 weeks. It is given in the oncologist's office and takes about 30 minutes.

February 9 Dr. Holt for follow-up after surgery visit. He will have his staples removed at this visit.

February 10 Dr. Sosman for visit prior to entering Vanderbilt for Interleukin 2 treatments

Except for the date for entering Vanderbilt, the following dates are approximate as it will depend on how many infusions he will be able to tolerate:

February 11-15 Enter Vanderbilt for first round of Interleukin 2 (He is supposed to get infusions of Interleukin 2 every 8 hours with the hopes of having 14 infusions in the 5 day period.)

February 16-22 Home for 7 days

February 23-27 Reenter Vanderbilt for the second round of Interleukin 2





2 comments:

  1. Dr. Zubkus is my father-in-law's oncologist and he thinks very highly of him. Please know that you are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are both in our prayers! I saw the link on Natan's Facebook page and since I've just had surgery for colon cancer and begin chemo in mid Feb., I was drawn to read your story.

    I'll be praying for healing and am so uplifted by your testimony! I spend much of my day worried about my future and going over 'numbers' in my head. You put me to shame.

    God be with you in this journey and God Bless your whole family!

    Diane Tavegia
    Villa Rica (FBC)

    ReplyDelete