Friday, May 1, 2009

Stormy Friday

Storms keep rolling through so I'm going to post early. Woody is at the grocery store--he's back to doing our weekly shopping...at least for two weeks in a row!

I called Vanderbilt this morning to ask that they call me. I mentioned that this was a repeat call--that I had called yesterday and no one had gotten back to me. So the person on the phone got to looking at Woody's records and found that appointments had already been made. We just hadn't been informed yet. The appointments are all on Monday, May 11. He has the scan mid afternoon, then will have lab work done and then will see Dr. Sosman. It's helpful to have these appointments all on one day. It will mean a full day...but at least only one time to travel back and forth.

Oh, almost immediately after I got off the phone with Vanderbilt, the phone rang again. It was Dr. Sosman's office calling to say that they would set up the appointments. I told them that the appointments were already on the books! Then a little while after that someone else called with the appointments telling date and times...so I told her the date and times that I had already been given! She confirmed that I had them right. So we definitely heard from Vandy today!

Now...please pray for God's Will and guidance for the doctors and us in the next part of our "adventure." Pray that if IL-2 is what Woody needs, that the scans will show improvement. BUT...if IL-2 isn't the answer, then for Woody not to have to go through it again for naught...another time! And, if IL-2 isn't the answer, that there be another path to follow to help Woody fight his melanoma.

1 comment:

  1. Hi friend! Stitchless gave me your blog addy. My prayers are with you and Woody.

    ReplyDelete