Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Busy Day!

I have accomplished a lot today. I was able to finish the tasks for the funeral...getting information to the funeral home. I think that now I pretty much just have to show up on Sunday! So I took advantage of being at this point and started doing things around the house. First I needed to get all the clothes that I had packed for the hospital stay and get them either washed and put away or just put away. It was not an ordinary just put them away, as I needed to move them to the Fall/Winter closet, as I had taken long sleeved shirts and sweatpants because it was cold in the hospital rooms. So I have been shifting my other colder weather clothes to that closet, too. I have worked on getting the family room back from being a "sick room." I have washed a ton of throws and have found places to store them till it is cold again. I have two throws in the drier right now and when they are through I am through with wash for today. I still have the big quilt that I covered the couch with when it was Woody's bed. And I found a couple of more towels that were next to his chair that need to be washed and put away. But the couch is a couch once again. I even got out the throw pillows that go with the couch that we didn't get out before. I needed to return a library book, so I decided that I would run a couple of errands while I was out. I stopped at the drugstore and got some note cards. Then I headed to the library and was surprised that it wasn't opened. It took me a minute to realize why they were closed. It is Juneteenth. I then headed to Lowes as I decided that I wanted to plant some more herbs. I got rosemary and some lemon thyme and then decided to get a tray of impatiens. Now to get up the energy to plant them! I watered them really good and will attempt to plant them tomorroww. On the way home I decided to stop at the grocery store and buy myself a treat. A few weeks before Woody went to the hospital, he told me that he wished that I would buy myself a steak (He wasn't a fan of steak...he preferred a hamburger.). So I decided to do just that. And, I enjoyed it veery much along with a small baked potato. I was going to have a salad, too...but decided that I wasn't "that" hungry. I have been cleaning...finding that things are pretty dirty around here...at least dusty! I moved a light, that I got to help with dialysis, upstairs next to my recliner. It is Alexa compatable...so I tell her to turn the light on and it goes on. It is one of those lights that has warm to cool light. I think it will be a good light to have by my chair...good for reading and good for my stitching. Of course, on the other side of my chair I have my Dazor magnifier light...that I really use for my stitching...look right through the magnifier part of the light while I am stitching. These days I have to have magnification when I stitch. To take the old light out and put the new one in, I ended up vacuuming fairly well next and behind my chair, which meant moving some stitching items out of the way. My floor still isn't clear, as I still have two piles of wash waiting to be picked up and taken downstairs...but waiting till I am through with my throw washing. I still have lots of medical stuff to sift through and remove from sight in the family room. We are reclaiming that bathroom also, Wade and Melany helped me remove the handles from the toilet and I will put back decorative items in that bathroom that I had removed while we were using it for dialysis and as a place to store some of the medical supplies and other things that Woody needed. Still lots to do...but I guess I have lots of time to do it. Good to keep busy! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment