Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Sleepiness Prevails

I think that sleepiness prevails for all of us...Woody, Melany, & me. Woody is still sleeping most of the day away. He did have a little interaction today...but not much. The neurology team has pulled the seizure med...hoping that might help him wake up. He had dialysis and the medical team hoped that would help him wake up. Literally he is still a mystery and we are all grasping at straws. I guess just taking it moment by moment. We don't know how he did with dialysis since Melany and I left for Tullahoma when he was taken to dialysis. Melany staying the night. I go to the eye surgeon in the morning to have my "new" eye checked and to have measurements taken of my other eye. Next eye surgery is a week from today. We had a nice visit from one of our prayer group, Becki. It was good to see her familiar face coming down the hall! Woody did respond in a way to Becki to being there, but really not communicative. Then this afternoon another from our prayer group (also our neighbor), Valinda, stopped by and we visited for a while. Melany and I stopped at a 50's-style restaurant here in Tullahoma and had good hamburgers and I had fries and Melany had onion rings. We decided to come all the way back to Tullahoma for a late lunch so we would miss traffic in the towns between here and Nashville. It was a good decision as it was a good lunch. I had eaten one of their hamburgers before. This is the first time I had eaten inside the restaurant. Melany brought their shampooer and did the carpet in Woody's room, the family room. It looks sooooooo good! She also did some weeding and I watered the gardens in anticipation of the hotter temperatures that are predicted. I have my eye appointment in the morning and then a hair appointment (my wedding haircut!). After that Melany and I will head back to Vanderbilt. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment