Saturday, June 29, 2024

Meet Mable Bear Proctor!

I am now a great grandmother to a basset hound puppy! Alex and Brooke picked her up this afternoon to bring her home to be a part of their family. Well, they didn't exactly bring her home, as at the moment they are staying with Melany and Wade. They are dorm parents at Webb School in Bell Buckle, TN and at the moment the dorm they live in is being renovated. I think I will get to meet her on the 4th of July when we have a family cookout at Nathan and Kathy's. She is so cute...and I am not a dog person...but I do look foeward to meeting this little bundle of joy! Melany and Wade should sleep well tonight. They worked so hard in my yard today. The end of the driveway is now visible and the dirt that had bee on it for years has been pushed into the hollow of a stump to make a new flower garden area...both in the stump area and at the end of the driveway. They had hiped to get flowers bought and planted, but that part didn't happen...by the time they were ready for that part it was too hot and they had worked hard and long enough. We will put that part off for another day...perhaps in the morning of the 4th. Wade chainsawed branches, stumps, etc. Along with weed eating the area and other spots. It looks so nice and will look even better when we add a bit of color with some flowers. I cleaned off the front porch...hosing down pillows, chairs, etc. Getting ready for Cheryl's visit. She plans to porch sit...hoping that it isn't too hot for porch sitting! We have been issued a heat advisory for tomorrow from 10am to 7pm. Melanh and Wade brought donuts...that may be my supper tonight? We had a cold pasta salad for lunch and the deviled egg casserole and some fresh cherries. That tasted pretty good on this day of so much hot-outside work. I'm going to go have something to eat...maybe a donut or maybe something along with that donut! Then I am going to sit down and begin the list of all the thoughtful things that people have done for us since Woody died. I need to get that list organized so I can begin my thank-you writing. I plan to go to Sunday School in the morning...the first time in almost a month and after that I will go to church...now it is a very long time since I have been in our church for a church service...I have only attended a church service a few times since Covid. At the time of Covid our church began live streaming our service and we watched that way during the Covid lockdown and then continued after because neither of us needed to be in crowds. The only time I have been to church was a year ago January when Woody was in rehab after his three week hospitalization at Vanderbilt after his gall bladder surgery and complications. So it will be a little strange not hopping back into the car to head home after Sunday School to get watch the service on my iPad. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment