Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Promised Fatigue

I think that the promised fatigue has settled in. I took a long nap this afternoon and have done close to nothing today. The funeral home came by with the plants that were given in memory of Woody. And, our/my financial advisor called me. The our/my pronouns are hard to use these days...I guess that things that were ours two weeks ago are now mine...that is hard to get used to. I have done a bit of talking on the phone. To say what I haven't done...I still don't have the dishwasher emptied from our after-funeral meal on Sunday evening. Just no motivation. I had ordered some fabric the week before Woody died. It arrived yesterday. I decided that I would wash it today. Before I wash it I need to serge the cut ends so it doesn't ravel...well, I have the macine set up to do cover stitch and not overlock...so...I put that task off till I felt like setting the machine up and threading it...neither are hard tasks...just don't feel like doing them at the moment. So have set aside that task for another time. Now I need to remember to go back in the sewing room and turn the light off on the machine. I had planned to go out early this morning and water, but didn't think about it early enough. So, even though, it isn't the best time to do it, I watered the gardens a few minutes ago. I will probably go out and water again in the morning. The plants are not liking the hot temperatures. Here is it almost 8pm and Alexa just told me that it is 90°. I did water Sunday morning early, but haven't watered since and there were several pretty sad plants. Melany is planning to come tomorrow to do some weeding, the weeding that she had planned to do when we got called back early because Woody had taken a turn for the worse. two weeks ago tomorrow. A lot has happened in those two weeks! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Tonight's picture shows the kids enjoying some time at the creek after we buried Woody...a good diversion that Melany suggested.

No comments:

Post a Comment