Friday, July 3, 2009

Spies abound!!!!!


Look what showed up outside our kitchen window this afternoon. I had been cooking most of the morning and had gone upstairs to rest. The phone rang and I went downstairs to answer it. It was Nathan. I was talking to him and all of a sudden I saw a little head appear in the window, then that head disappeared and another one appeared! Graham and Abigail were playing spy...they were trying to figure out the secret dessert that I had planned for our 4th of July lunch. One would hold the ladder while the other one went up to spy! Their little heads kept popping up. Graham also climbed up in the bush outside the window...he found an empty bird nest. So to play along I would lay out ingredients that they could see. Whoever was looking in the window would report to the other what they were seeing. It was very cute and very funny. At one point they both brought something over to the house to give me...they rang the doorbell and then asked me to go upstairs...and they snuck into the kitchen to check things out. When the first part of the dessert went into the oven they thought that I was finished and my spies disappeared...but they didn't know that there was more to the secret treat...they had only seen the bottom crust! They both came inside later while it was in the oven and Graham finally saw the recipe and was able to read "Blueberry Cheesecake Bars." Yummy...Woody and I had to test the new recipe...so we split one after we got the rest cut and put away in the fridge for tomorrow.
I have cooked a good part of the day. Woody has helped by doing the grocery shopping for this week...and also helped by going back for an ingredient that he didn't get the first time around. He has gone behind me in the kitchen and helped me clean up while I cooked (sort of like old times). Woody walked first thing this morning...about two miles. He watched the DVDs that he got at the library the other day and has watched a bit of television...when the TV would cooperate and let him see a picture. And...he has read. So a relaxing day...but he still did quite a few things...wasn't just a couch potato day!

No comments:

Post a Comment