Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 19, Cycle 1




Here's a new visitor to our garden...a mourning dove (at least he/she looks sort of like the one in the bird book). I was sitting out on the front the porch the other morning and I kept seeing this bird fly in grab some dried stuff from the garden and then fly off. I kept snapping pictures till it finally came into view and I was able to get the whole bird in the picture. It was very industrious...guess getting nesting materials. I used the photo to identify it to the closest in our bird book. Graham (7) and I have plans to make a bird note book (complete with pictures) of the birds we have seen and taken pictures of...so far it is just a plan...but we definitely have pictures when the right time comes along to create the notebook...the notebook is bought and ready for the project...now to find the time! And, we have seen lots of birds right here in our front yards. Amazing what is out there if one just sits quietly and waits. Reminds me of one of my favorite Bible verses: Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God."

I grocery shopped today. When I got home, Graham, Abigail and Woody helped me carry the grocery bags in and then helped put things away. Abigail and I made a salad for a salad luncheon that I'm going to tomorrow. Woody read Abigail several stories. Graham built Big Ben with his K'nex. Woody helped me some when I got around to fixing supper. Woody got home early from work today and when I asked if he went in a bit earlier, he said "no" that he had worked through lunch...he got so busy that he didn't realize that it was lunch time...so I'm assuming that he didn't walk at lunch today. I just checked and I was right about my assumption! When I went down to check as to whether he had sawed any more on the tree, I found out that he had cleaned up the kitchen after my cooking mess of making supper...nice surprise! He said that he sawed another two feet off the tree trunk this evening. He was studying his Sunday School lesson, when I interrupted to check about the tree sawing and to see if there was anything that I "needed" to add to the blog! I think that he has had a pretty good...pretty busy day. Now for a good relaxing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment