Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cycle 4, Day 13


When we were walking a couple of days ago, I was trying to get a picture of these horses, but they decided to walk away. Woody whistled and all three looked back at the same time.
This has been a slightly different Saturday for Woody. He slept in a bit later than he usually does on Saturday, so he decided not to go for his normal early Saturday long walk. It was a bit drizzly at that time, too. So due to the time and the weather, he decided to make the chili that I had planned to make today. It is vegetarian chili and it has lots of veggies to prepare and also it has a long cooking time. I slept in a lot later than Woody did and not long after I got up the timer was ringing for it to be finished. The main problem with Woody making it is that when he doubled the recipe, he doubled everything including the cayenne pepper and the crushed red pepper...so we have according to Woody a two-alarm chili (personally I think that it is more alarms!). After the chili was done, Woody headed to the library. Then he came home to read, watch a DVD and then football on TV. We walked around the block at halftime of one of the football games he was watching. For a while today, he had that sleepy feeling that he had yesterday. He just told me that he wasn't feeling that way at the moment. I think that he has had a pretty relaxing day.
I have sewn most of the day. I'm working on a Christmas present for Esther-Noel (2-year-old granddaughter). I'm making her a small quilt and have worked on piecing the top together today. And...that about wraps up our Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lois & Woody,
    Thanks so much for commenting on my recent blog. I am pleased to be made aware of your journey with melanoma and will indeed be praying for all of God's grace and power in your lives. We'll remain partners on the path.
    Dr Dan

    ReplyDelete