Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Fiscal New Year!


Look what I discovered coming out from under a bush in front of our house today. Isn't he cute?! But they certainly do grow up to be rascally! Woody wanted to know how I knew that it was a baby squirrel (due to the close-up shots making him look big) so I showed him the picture that is on the top in the middle...so he could compare him to the size of our hose! Good thing that I decided not to zoom in for all the pictures or Woody probably wouldn't still believe me! I don't think that I have ever seen a squirrel this small in our yard before...at least I don't remember seeing one. I know that he was scared, but he did so well...just kept creeping ever so slowly closer to a place that he could be more under cover...then he let out a high pitched sound...bet he was calling for his mama! I went inside at that point since I knew that he was very distressed...didn't want to scare him further and I had some pictures so I was happy!

Woody went through his usual routine today, except that he mowed for about 1 1/2 hours after he came home...his exercise for today added to his walk at lunch. I went out to lunch with a friend. And after lunch, I wandered around in a cemetery that is across the street from where we ate. It was rather interesting...instead of rubbings, I took close-up shots of some of the interesting decorations on the headstones. Anyway, the cemetery walk was my exercise for the day!

We got our confirmation call from Vanderbilt last night reminding us of Woody's appointments on Monday. Woody's third cycle in the drug study is about to come to a close.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment