Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat!

Well, the last day of October is upon us. That means a time change...which means that we move an hour closer to my family in Arizona (AZ doesn't change time so part of the year we are two hours apart and part of the year we are only one hour apart.). And, hopefully, we will get an extra hour of sleep tonight. When we changed time in the Spring, Woody was in the hospital for Interleukin-2. Glad that is behind him and that we are home for this time change!

Woody didn't walk this morning, nor did we take a walk together today, due to his knee. It's better but he is trying to rest it. He got up and had the kitchen really neat and tidy by the time that I got up so that I could mess it up again when I made a pot of soup. I made Stuffed Spud Soup again...it's a quick and easy soup...and I love it (Woody likes it too)...so those were my deciding factors (mainly the easy part!) in soup choice for this week. Woody went to the library and got more books and DVDs. He has spent the afternoon reading, watching football, and watching DVDs. I have been sewing...or at least getting ready to sew something. So a pretty calm and relaxing Saturday for us.

Tonight's picture shows the decorations on our dining room table. A couple of days ago I added the real pumpkin...the one that grew voluntarily in our compost pile...it did get orange enough to use for our Fall decorations! This is our first success with growing a pumpkin...and we did nothing!

Now I will post this before Trick or Treaters ring the doorbell again. So far we have had seven (make that nine!)...we never have very many.

No comments:

Post a Comment