Sunday, October 4, 2009

Harvest Moon

I took this picture last night on our walk...I am so glad that I did...it is one night short of being THE harvest moon...but tonight it is raining and I can't get a picture of it. We were walking just at the perfect time last night...when it seemed to be at its largest...when it was closest to the horizon...yet we could see it above all the trees around here.
Today Woody and I went to Sunday School. He taught his sixth grade boys and gave them an object lesson using money...they really seemed to like it...especially when Woody gave them presidential gold dollars when they participated in the discussion! We came home from church, ate lunch, changed clothes, and headed out on a walk. It was sprinkling most of the time that we walked. Woody did take an umbrella that we used part of the time. We enjoyed hearing the rain on the umbrella. I took a few pictures...protecting my camera with a plastic bag and the umbrella between shots. We walked 2+ miles and I was ready to head home when we hit the half-way mark (probably before)! It wasn't my legs or my feet that made me wish for home...but my neck and back...I was very glad to get home. I flopped down on our bed and called Melany and after that a friend called me...so I rested my back while talking. Not long after I talked with them, I must have dozed off as the next thing I knew I was waking up! Woody has read and watched a DVD after our walk (I can't vouch for whether he ever slept, since I was sleeping!). We are glad that we headed out on our walk when we did, as shortly after we got back the rain really settled in and it looks like it will be here for a while. I'm now enjoying hearing the rain on the roof as I type tonight's blog.

Tomorrow we head to Vanderbilt bright and early. We are going on how we did it last month, since we haven't heard a word from the research nurse. Our goal will be to get there before 10am so that the lab work can be done. Then it will be a waiting game for the lab work to be read (it usually takes two hours from labs being done to being read), doctor to review lab work report, chemo drugs to be ordered from the pharmacy, pharmacy to get drugs back to the doctor and then for them to call us back for Woody to take the chemo drugs and hand in paper work and the third cycle pill bottles. He can't eat anything and only drink water two hours prior to taking the medications and has to take anti-nausea medicine 30 min. prior to taking the chemo drugs. At some point he will be seen by the doctor and the research team. He will have to have more lab work done an hour after he has taken the chemo drugs. And...then we should be able to be on our way home.

I'll report tomorrow night on how our trip to Vandy goes.
And, now another harvest moon...this time an abstract! Something that I created by accident last night...but I thought it was pretty neat...at least worth adding at the end for a smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment