Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Zapped by Zometa



Zapped is how Woody describes how he has felt today. He just has that overall achy feeling that you get when you have the flu and a slight headache. Not the best of days! Yesterday, when Dr. Sosman asked him if he had had problems with Zometa before, Woody told him "no." I corrected him and said that he had felt very bad the day after Zometa. Woody said that he didn't remember. Today Woody told me that now he remembers how he felt after his first Zometa infusion! Even though he doesn't feel great, I don't think that he feels quite as bad this time as he did with the first infusion.

He did get up early and went to work and worked an 8-hour day. He did not walk at lunch, but rather sat back and closed his eyes for that time. He said that he only moved from his desk when he had to while he was at work today. When I called to check on him mid morning, he told me that he mainly just felt weak and had no energy. I think that he felt worse as the day went on, as I was finally able to convince him to take some Tylenol after he got home from work.

Normally only the first Zometa treatment makes you feel like you have the flu...but Woody's first dose was 8 months ago...so we are guessing that he is getting to experience two "first treatment" flu-like effects. From something Dr. Sosman said yesterday, I thought that he (Dr. S.) expected that this might be like a first treatment since it had been so long between first and second Zometa infusion.

Needless to say we didn't take a walk this evening. I can now report (I just went to check) that he has officially completed taking his chemo pills for Cycle 4, Day 2. (I think that it is even harder this go round for him to take his pills.)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment