Sunday, October 11, 2009

Respite Day 6=Last Respite Day



This is one of our "friends" who watches when we make one of our walking loops through our neighborhood and the next neighborhood. Now...you might note that I put the word "friends" in quotes. I don't consider most dogs my friends, since I am very, very afraid of dogs. If I see a dog coming toward me, it is my inclination to turn around and head the other way as quickly as possible. Now, Woody on the other hand is not afraid of dogs and he says that he will protect me from any that are out and about...well...I "try" to trust that he will protect me from them...but...sometimes it is hard! This dog is always out on his driveway and never on a leash and there is no fence. He never comes towards us and he never barks at us. Woody and I have discussed him as we walk by and have wondered if this family has an "invisible fence." Well, yesterday I took his picture when I stopped to take the declining roses and just now when I was looking at yesterday's pictures on the computer screen I could see something on his collar...I'm pretty sure now that they have an invisible fence and I think that they also have "bark control." Anyway, guess I won't be afraid of this one as I pass in his territory...that is "maybe" I won't be afraid!
Woody has had a pretty busy day considering that it is Sunday. He got up early and took about a five mile walk. He did some of his wash and has put it away. He also made corn bread. We both taught Sunday School this morning. As soon as we got home, we changed clothes and went for a walk. We walked 3 +or- miles. After our walk, Woody read for a while and is now watching a library DVD. I have been sewing. Woody came upstairs a while ago to hang up some of his shirts and he asked me to come down and start the dishwasher when I wanted a break from my sewing. When I questioned him as to why...he said that he was in the mood to put dishes away and there weren't any clean ones to put away!!!!!!! I did go down and start the dishwasher shortly after that...now we will see if he is still in the mood to put away dishes when the dishwasher is finished!
Tomorrow we will head to Vanderbilt dark and early. He will begin the 4th cycle of his chemo drug study. I'll report on how our day goes tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment