Wednesday, April 11, 2018

A Day for the Birds

When I was heading to church this afternoon to work in the library, I spotted a goldfinch at our goldfinch feeder.  I snapped a couple of pictures with a point-and-shoot camera and headed on to church.  When I got home there was a female goldfinch on the feeder and then later this male goldfinch came to dine.  This feeder had been ignored for so long and I noticed earlier today that the seed was going down in it so was hopeful that the goldfinches had found it.  I grabbed up my camera with my new lens on it and attempted to capture it...of course it was on the "wrong" side of the feeder.  The seeds are sharper than the bird!  But I figure that over the next little while I will be able to capture a really good one...but at least they are coming to this feeder and I will have a chance to get some really good photos of them over the time that they grace us with their presence.

Today was pretty much a usual Wednesday.  I had school with Joseph, Isaac, read with Elijah, Abigail, and Joy, and Esther had her long time with me.  Esther got to start sewing the outfit that she is making for her doll.  She is doing a very good job following instructions.  After lunch I headed to the library.  Donna and I did maintenance and continued processing the new books.  We got quite a few completely ready for circulation.  We will have some happy readers when the new ones are discovered on our new book shelf! Woody spent a lot of time out in the yard today.  It was a pretty spring-like day so a good one to be outside.  I got supper ready, we ate, and I sat down to rest and promptly dozed off.  I think that my busy weekend is still catching up with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment