Monday, April 9, 2018

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jog!



 We got home last night at 9:20 after driving for nine hours and twenty minutes and traveled exactly 600 miles as we turned into our driveway.  I can't remember ever having the time and the number of hours and minutes match exactly the hour we arrived!

The whole weekend was pretty chilly.  I was glad for a coat.  The wind was what made it really bad.

Tonight's photo shows one of the newer buildings...meaning that it wasn't there when I was there fifty years ago.  It was there when I went back for my 15th. So it isn't a brand new structure.  The Hinkhouse Center is mainly for sports and includes a gym and an Olympic-sized swimming pool.  Out in front of this building is a sculpture titled "Suite Life."  It was sculpted by one of the members of my class.  I like this sculpture the best of the ones on campus...it is realistic whereas some others are rather abstract.  I talked to the sculptor and she told us how she made the bit out of the apple so realistic...she bit into the
clay to get an accurate bite mark.  This is very detailed even to the books that some are reading...they are actual books that have been written about Cottey or about the Founder of Cottey, Virginia Alice Cottey.  At Cottey all the dorms are divided into suites with living areas.  When we went there our suite had twelve girls in it.  A living area is centered with bedrooms around it.  The suite becomes like a family unit.

I did have a good time, though, a rather tiring time.  By the time I got in the car yesterday morning and we drove a little ways I was dozing off!  We actually drove in snow for quite a few miles at the start of the trip...crazy spring weather!

We got back into routine this morning.  I had a usual school day and Woody went to the Life Care Center to have Bible study and visit.  He stopped at Aldis on his way home.  This evening he went to Elijah's ball practice and then to the Furnace Room prayer meeting .  The two little boys have spent the evening with me while everyone else in their family were going in different directions.  Woody has just gotten home and I need to go finish dinner.

I worked on sorting the pictures that I took over the weekend so will probably be sharing some in the blog over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment