Friday, April 27, 2018

Busy Friday


 Woody started out the day making the rounds of the grocery stores.  While he was away I got busy doing some cleaning that I had neglected due to going through things to give to Kathy and Nathan's yard sale.  When Woody got home, I put away the groceries.  And, then continued to clean and get ready to do some cooking.

Melany, Wade, and Erin are coming for a visit tomorrow.  We haven't seen them since Christmas.  So most of the cooking that I did today was for tomorrow.  I have made a chicken tortilla casserole and am planning on going down and getting some green beans ready to be cooked tomorrow.  The other thing that I am going to make can wait till in the morning.


This afternoon Woody and Nathan got the Elijah's pitching machine set up so Elijah could have some batting practice before tonight's game.  This pitching machine has come in quite handy this year since Nathan is Elijah's coach and Woody is helping him coach.  They have been using the pitching machine during their practice.  Woody's main job during practices is feeding balls to the pitching machine.  There weren't all that many balls so a week or so ago Woody ordered a couple dozen more.  He unwrapped them today and put them to use when Elijah did batting practice.  This way they don't have to chase after the balls quite as soon.
Woody just came in from tonight's ball game.  Their team lost by one run tonight.  I didn't go to the game since I was in the middle of a recipe when it was time for Woody to head off to the ball field.  Tomorrow afternoon they have a make-up game.

Well, I guess I have had a long enough rest.  I'd better get back to the mess in the kitchen!  One load of dishes has run while I have been upstairs so I guess it is time to unload them and put in some more and then mop the kitchen floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment