Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Soon I'll Post in Color!


Back...50 years ago, most of my pictures were black and white...for several reasons--1)black and white film was cheaper, 2)my father could develop and/or print the pictures in his darkroom at our house.  I mostly sent the photos off to be developed, but then we had the negatives for him to make more pictures with.  The building in the background is my dorm, Robertson Hall.  Lydia's and my room was on the second floor on the corner.  My subject in this picture was Marsha, our dorm president my freshman year.  Soon I will be taking pictures in full color and I can print them myself on my colored printer.  Times have definitely changed.  I am looking forward to being able to snap as many photos as I want since we are in the digital age...first time on Cottey campus with a digital camera.  Nothing holding me back from taking lots of pictures...unless is is a dead battery (battery chargers are on the list of things to take!).

My list seems to be getting shorter and the time till we leave is also getting shorter!  Today I secured all my notebook memory books so things couldn't slide out of them while we travel.  I made another batch of cookies.  I was planning to make one more batch, but just a while ago the menus for Cottey's Founder's Day weekend were posted on Facebook.  I really shouldn't eat anything between now and Friday evening's meal!  Doubt that will happen!  The Cottey chef is known for his great cuisine...I'm really looking forward to the meals.

I had school with the little boys and read with a couple of the children this morning.  Woody has spent a lot of time out in the front shared garden.  After lunch, I went to get my hair cut (one more step in being ready to head off!).  On the way home I stopped to get my glasses adjusted...probably not the best decision except they were starting to slip.  But they still aren't right so I will need to stop by tomorrow to see if they can get them adjusted better. The trifocal lines aren't in the right place...NOT a good thing!  Late afternoon Woody went to the prayer room.  Today he drove both ways because he needed to be back for Elijah's first ball game of the season.  I chose not to go tonight...I'm sure that I will get more chances this season!

I fixed a crab salad for our supper.  I made enough for tonight and tomorrow night.  Since I don't think that I am going to make any more cookies, I declare the kitchen closed except for eating leftovers till we get back from Cottey!  Now to go down and clean up the kitchen from the latest cooking efforts.  Woody had the kitchen all cleaned up for me...and I did a very good job of messing it up royally...these last cookies were messy and a bit crumbly when getting them cut. So I will go down and swipe down the counters and get the dishes in the dishwasher.  I have a load of wash in that needs to be transferred to the drier...a step closer to going...clean clothes to pack! My to-do list is growing shorter!

No comments:

Post a Comment